Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A remarkably fun day with the girls!

Today was a load of fun!!!

For once in a really long time, I got to just simply lay back and ENJOY being with them.

We started our day off with breakfast, bible stories from the old and new testament, and a quick math page from our Alpha Omega curriculum. We quickly got dressed, loaded the car, and headed out to find out about enrollment in a Mom’s Morning Out program here in town. I immediately liked it..my baby girl seemed to want to get in there and start playing right away…so I knew we had a match. Plus…I loved how relaxed all the kids seemed and they got plenty of attention from the two teachers.

From there…we headed to a local book store to look at some homeschool curriculum and help books…and from there, to a surprise visit to an art ceramics studio called All Fired Up. My oldest daughter made a beautiful cross with pokadots and “Jesus” painted across the top. I can’t wait for them to fire it up and make it all shiny and ready for us to pick up next week. She had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!

Then we looked around at some consignment boutique stores at baby clothes for my BabyZ. A little pricey, but to be expected…after all, it’s boutique.

Then a quick trip to Heritage House coffee shop for hot chocolate and cinnamon buns…plus some “girly” talk with my 6 year old. She was beaming from ear to ear when we left. I’ve missed that smile. Glad to see it back.

Next stop:Movie Gallery. We rented Kit Kettridge. She’s already seen this in the theaters, but just HAD to have it again. Ny is totally into American Girls and has read all of the Kit Kettridge series.

Last stop: home.

While BabyZ took her morning nap, I set NyGirl out to finish her handwriting practice and a worksheet on verbs. Then I headed to my laptop and finished up my article on dance for a local paper. Sent it in and called the editor. I’m just waiting for a reply and meanwhile…working on a game plan for mapping out my next writing move…fun, fun!

And now…

Well, now I need to quit blogging and go plop in front of the t.v. with my daughter to watch Kit Kettridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...