Friday, March 11, 2011

Settling in

These past 2 weeks have been a whirlwind of moving in and getting settled...but still we've found time to get in some educational fun.  Z is drawing sky pictures on our bay window.


Paper plates and fixing your own meals.  I'm almost tempted to keep that going :-)

 


Ny works on Saxon math 


Z sorts shapes for math

Then the furniture arrives- whew! 


 So...we get out of the house for a change of scenery.


Taking a walk to the beach behind our home.  It's definitely not "beach" weather so we're still in sweaters and hoodies, but we are just grateful for the change of scenery.






So beautiful.

I am hoping that this move will teach me to rest.  Really.

Every time I view the surrounding nature I just want to bask in God's presence.  I want to relax and enjoy the true peace of God- not the kind that comes from trying to be "supermom", or from home education, or from money (with or without), or from friends or family (although SO important)-- but my foundation has to be, HAS to be, in the peace of God.  The only True Peace is Jesus.  It's in Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...