Friday, April 29, 2011

Tuscaloosa Tornado

I was really sad 2 days ago to hear that my hometown has been majorly damaged by the deadliest tornado to come through Tuscaloosa.  Lots of structural damage and complete blocks and neighborhoods utterly wiped out makes my town, in many areas, totally unrecognizable.  Many people are still missing and the death toll is rising daily.


I am sad that I don't know what to do, really...
If I were there I could do SOMETHING, even just donate some clothing, blankets, or bottled water.
But the best thing I know to do right now is to pray...and I am so thankful for my family and friends being safe.  It was a close call for so many, though, who BARELY made it through the storm.  I've heard stories of children nearly being sucked into the funnel right out of their parents' arms, and even gorier details of people who were in their houses one minute and trapped underneath the rubble the next. 
Watching the video footage and viewing the images online is sad, but seems so unrealistic.  For so many it's still a nightmare and my heart goes out to them.  It's just a vivid reminder of how much we can be grateful for.  Having a roof over our heads is a blessing- no matter how small.  Having clothing to wear is a blessing- no matter how few.
My heart goes out to those who have lost everything and have to start completely over.  It is a devastating thing to not have a single item in your home left.  My heart especially goes out to those who have  lost a loved one.

Tuscaloosa family- know that I care and am praying for you every day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry this happened in your hometown :( It's always so hard to learn of devastation happening in any area, but I'm sure it's just awful hearing that it's happened to a place you know and love, and for the people there as well. They are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...