Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer Fun Around Town

Yesterday the girls and I took off for a long day out and about town.

First, we headed over to Panera Bread for a quick breakfast treat, then to Walmart to run a few errands and pick up a birthday gift from my little brother.

Next stop, the library.  There was a program for younger 2's and 3's and I thought I would try once again to bring BabyZ to storytime.  As is typical for her, she sort of froze up in public and would not participate much in the singing and dancing.


She did sit still and listen to the stories, though, and enjoyed bubble time - an improvement from our earlier 2's stage:


So...yay for BabyZ!

Then went to the park to meet up with some park friends-- the highlight of our day!




The older girls enjoyed bike riding, roller blading, and playing on scooters. The younger ones ran and climbed and enjoyed the park equipment.

No one could ever convince me that homeschoolers don't have P.E.!

As for me...I had SO much fun catching up with a friend and have some grown up chat for a change. As much as we love our kids, we mamas need a break now and then.

Afterward the girls and I had a snack and rest break then headed back over to the library for an afternoon event they were having for the older kids.  My oldest daughter participated in that (they did science experiment with red dye and celery and learned about water conservation).  While NyGirl enjoyed an hour science lesson and fun with other kids, BabyZ snoozed away in her stroller.  It had been a long day and she was due a nap.

And mama got a break too.  What do you think I did on my break?

Break out the laptop with free WIFI and blog of course! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...