Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Wonderful Christmas!

Christmas was boatloads of fun. We got new family pics made by a wonderful neighbor and friend- a budding photographer, sent out our Christmas cards, purchased a few gifts (limit 3 per child), and enjoyed a cozy Christmas Eve with new friends and Christmas morning caroling service.
Then back at home we passed out presents, drank hot cocoa with marshmallows and peppermint sticks, and lit our first ever fireplace in our first ever California home.
It was beautiful.  Cozy.  Warm.



Later in the evening we called my parents back home in Alabama and Skyped with them for a while.  It was so very cool to see them on the living room flat screen- it felt like they were really a part of our home and we were a part of theirs.  The grandkids got to show their presents and see grandma and grandpa.
I had intended to cook a huge Christmas meal like I did for Thanksgiving, but hubby told me to take a break.  We did the unusual for a Christmas night- ate at IHop.  That was fun, and different to say the least.

Where are pictures when I need them?  I'll get them off my other camera soon and show our Christmas pics.

<--*Update-January 4, 2012-- here is one of the pics our friend and neighbor took for us this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...